Tailor-Made Short-Term Training
The Executive Development Center for Global Leadership
The Executive Development Center for Global Leadership (CGL) was established in 2013 in response to an increasing demand for short-term training for government officials, particularly for senior executives, middle management level officials and public policy professionals.
GRIPS has responded to specific requests from foreign government organizations by providing tailor-made short-term training programs matched to specific requests and necessity. By establishing CGL, GRIPS can provide various kinds of short-term training programs more proactively and systematically.
Examples of Themes
- Leadership development and management in the 21st century
- Public management in general
- Structure and process of government
- Organization management
- Civil service system and human resource management
- Tools of government
- Legal systems and legislative review
- Administrative reform and innovation
- Good governance
- Trust in the government
- Ethics and anti-corruption
- Local governance in general
- Local government administration
- Local government financial administration
- Management of inter-governmental relations
- Public Policy Analysis
- Specific Substantive Policies
Components of Training Programs
In response to specific demands, the short-term training programs are composed of the following components.
- Lectures (by professors from GRIPS and other universities, government officials, business executives and specialists in research institutions, etc.)
- Field trips or visits to government offices and other places of interests related to themes of training
- Group discussions and workshops with government officials and GRIPS students (foreign government officials)
- Writing policy papers and presentations
- Exchanges with people from Japan
Number of Trainees
- For more about the Executive Development Center for Global Leadership.
- Download Leaflet here.