- Q: Can I apply online to two programs simultaneously?
A: No. Applicants should select only one program.
- Q: Is there an age limit for applying to GRIPS?
A: If you want to apply for a scholarship allocated through GRIPS (e.g., MEXT, ADB, WB, WCO), you must satisfy certain requirements–including age limits–imposed by the scholarship providers. (See Scholarship Eligibility and Details chart for details.)
- Q: I would like to be supervised by a certain professor at GRIPS. Do I need to contact that person before I apply to GRIPS?
A: No. You are not required to have prior contact with our professors. We will allocate a supervisor to you after you begin your study at GRIPS.
- Q: I am a master’s student and I am currently writing a thesis. Can I apply to a Ph. D. program?
A: Yes. If you are currently a student, you can submit the thesis you have been working on even if it is incomplete. If you think it is not enough, you can also submit a term paper or some other paper related to your research. If your program does not require a thesis, you can submit a paper that you wrote during your study and that is related to your area of research.
- Q: Can I reuse my ID and password from last year to apply to GRIPS again?
A: No. Your ID and password are only valid for a single admission year. Those who have applied to GRIPS in previous years and wish to reapply this year must obtain a new ID and password. Furthermore, any supporting documents you submitted previously cannot be used for this year’s application.
- Q: Could you tell me about the screening criteria?
A: We do not disclose information about our screening criteria. Also, please note that we do not respond to any individual inquiries about reasons for non-acceptance.
If you have any questions or need further information, do not hesitate to contact us by e-mail at: