Application procedures differ by program. Some programs require that you apply directly to GRIPS whereas others require that you apply through a sponsoring organization. Please see below for how to apply to each program.
For details about each program, go to Degree Programs.
For information concerning funding including scholarships, go to Fees & Tuition Expenses.
For deadlines, see Application Deadlines by Program.
Online Application (directly to GRIPS)
Online applications for 2020-2021 admission have been closed.
To apply for any of the following programs, download our Online Application Guide 2020-2021 and follow the 3 steps listed below.
- One-year Master‘s Program of Public Policy (MP1)
- Two-year Master’s Program of Public Policy (MP2)
- Macroeconomic Policy Program (MEP) (One year Program or Two year Program) for externally funded or self-financed applicants only
- Public Finance Program (PF)
We are happy to announce that the World Bank Scholarship (JJ/WBGSP) is now open to students in our 2020/21 Public Finance Program Tax Course.
Five-year Ph.D. Program (minimum 3 years)
- Policy Analysis Program (PA)
Three-year Ph.D. Programs
- GRIPS Global Governance Program (G-cube)
- Security and International Studies Program (SISP)
- Science, Technology and Innovation Policy Program (STI)
Step 1 Online Entry Form
Fill out and submit the Online Entry Form. The Admissions Office will send you an ID and a password by e-mail.
Step 2 Online Application Form
Use your ID and password to access GRIPS’ portal, G-way. Complete and submit the Online Application Form.
Step 3 Supporting documents
Send the required supporting documents to the Admissions Office by post.
Paper-based Application (directly to GRIPS)
To apply for any of the following programs, download the application guide and form below
- Economics, Planning and Public Policy Program (EPP): PDF Word （2020-2021 closed）
- Disaster Management Program – Ph.D. (DM): PDF Word （2020-2021 closed）
Apply through the sponsoring organization
Contact the relevant sponsoring organization for further details.
|Young Leaders Program (YLP)||Embassy of Japan|
|Macroeconomic Policy Program (MEP)||IMF Regional Office for Asia and the Pacific|
|Disaster Management Policy Program (DMP)||JICA Office or Embassy of Japan|
|Maritime Safety and Security Policy Program (MSP)||JICA Office|