FPCI-GRIPS Virtual Public Forum “Opportunities and Challenges for a Peaceful and Stable Indo-Pacific Region”
GRIPS is collaborating with FPCI (Foreign Policy Community in of Indonesia) in convening the FPCI-GRIPS Virtual Public Forum, a monthly discussion series where experts and policy makers can discuss the most pressing issues of international affairs and foreign policy with researchers and students across Southeast Asia and Japan.
Please join us and watch the forum!
〇Date and Time: Wed, 27 October 2021 at 18:00-19:30(Japan time)
〇Format of the Webinar: Zoom webinar
〇 Participation Fees: Free
〇 Language: English (Simultaneous interpretation to Japanese is available)
〇Theme: “Opportunities and Challenges for a Peaceful and Stable Indo-Pacific Region”
Points to be discussed;
- Visions for the Indo-Pacific and the regional order
- The impact of the US – China strategic competition and rivalry to the Indo-Pacific
- The QUAD, AUKUS, and ASEAN
- The political implications of weakening multilateralism, due to rising geopolitical tensions and COVID-19
H.E.Bilahari Kausikan, Permanent Secretary of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Singapore(2010-2013)
Prof.Akihiko Tanaka, President of GRIPS
Dr. Philips J. Vermonte, Executive Director, CSIS, Indonesia
Prof. Gordon Flake, CEO, Perth USAsia, Australia
〇How to access the webinar: (Pre-registration required)
Please register via below URL and you will receive an invitation email.
〇Program (Japan Time)
- 18:00～18:05 Welcoming Remarks by Dr. Dino Patti Djalal, Funder and Chairman of FPCI
- 18:05～18:10 Opening Remarks by Prof.Akihiko Tanaka, President of GRIPS
- 18:10～19:00 Moderated Discussion led by Dr. Sylvia Yazid, Associate Professor at IR Department of Parahyangan University.
- 19:00～19:25 Q and A session
- 19:25～19:30 Closing
|Date / Time||2021.10.27／18：00～2021.10.27／19：30|