Why Choose GRIPS?
- You can select from a wide range of advanced degree options and specialize in an area that interests you.
- You can combine discipline-specific learning with advanced training in leadership, interdisciplinary cooperation, and effective management.
- You can study in English, learning from world-class academics and leading policymakers.
- You can take advantage of extensive networking and mentoring and liaise with distinguished policymakers from all over the world through our alumni network of international professionals.
- You will find a rich diversity in our student body, our faculty, and our curriculum.
- Mid-career public officials with strong leadership and managerial potential
- Individuals with strong academic capabilities and the desire to be professional policy analysts or pursue an academic career
Our International Programs
With the exception of the Graduate Program in Japanese Language and Culture, our international programs are conducted solely in English. Our academic year runs from October to September. For details about each program, please go to Degree Programs.
Master’s Programs and Five-year Ph.D. Programs
A bachelor’s degree or its equivalent
Three-year Ph.D. Programs
A master’s degree or its equivalent
Admission is competitive and involves careful, holistic consideration of each candidate through both document screening and interviews.