|学 位||Ph.D. (International Relations), London School of Economics and Political Science|
|専門分野||International political economy, especially the fields of money and finance, with a regional specialization in East Asia|
|現在の研究対象||・The political economy of international currencies (with a particular focus on the internationalization of the Chinese renminbi)・The international political economy of rising powers (focusing mainly on China)・The international relations of Asia|
Associate Professor, GRIPS
Director, Security and International Studies Program, GRIPS
Deputy Director, One-year and Two-year Master’s Programs of Public Policy (MP1 and MP2), GRIPS
Assistant Professor, GRIPS
|2017.4.-2018.3||Visiting Scholar, East Asian Studies Center, University of Southern California|
|Visiting Scholar, Economic Research Institute, the Bank of Korea, Seoul, South Korea|
|2012.8-2012.9||Visiting Scholar, Institute of Social Sciences, Sogang University, Seoul, South Korea|
|2011.7-2011.9||Visiting Scholar, Center for International Cooperation and Strategy, Hankuk University of Foreign Studies, Seoul, South Korea|
|2007.2-2011.3||Economist, Economic Research Institute, the Bank of Korea, Seoul, South Korea|
|2006.9-2007.2||Researcher, Institute of Social Science, Sogang University, Seoul, South Korea|
|2006.9-2007.2||Adjunct Lecturer, Graduate School of International Studies, Sogang University, Seoul, South Korea|
|2006.9-2007.2||Visiting Research Fellow, Institute for Far Eastern Studies, Kyungnam University, Seoul, South Korea|
|2004.4-2005.12||Visiting Scholar, Institute of International Relations, National Chengchi University, Taipei, Taiwan|
|2003.5-2004.3||Japan Foundation Fellow, Tokyo, Japan|
|2003.4-2004.4||Visiting Research Scholar, Institute of Social Science, the University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan|
|2000.11-2001.8||Researcher, Korea Institute of Finance, Seoul, South Korea|
• The International Political Economy of the Renminbi: Currency Internationalization and Reactive Currency Statecraft (London and New York: Routledge, 2022)
• International Harmonization of Financial Regulation? The Politics of Global Diffusion of the Basel Capital Accord (London and New York: Routledge, 2014)
Peer-reviewed journal articles
• The Impacts of Policy Infrastructures on the International Use of the Chinese Renminbi: A Cross-Country Analysis, Asian Survey 60(2): 221-244, March/April 2020. (With Minchung Hsu)
• Chinese Domestic Politics and the Internationalization of the Renminbi, Political Science Quarterly 135(1): 37-65, Spring 2020. (With Yu Wai Vic Li)
• The Monetary and Financial Powers of States: Theory, Dataset, and Observations on the Trajectory of American Dominance, New Political Economy25(2): 174-194, February 2020. (With Leslie Elliott Armijo and Daniel C. Tirone)
• Which Foreign States Support the Global Use of the Chinese Renminbi? The International Political Economy of Currency Internationalization, The World Economy 42(8): 2403-2426, August 2019. (With Geun-Young Kim and Dong Hyun Lee)
• The International Politics of Reactive Currency Statecraft: Japan’s Reaction to the Rise of the Chinese Renminbi, New Political Economy 24(4): 510-529, May 2019.
• International Political Economy Thought in Pre-modern and Colonial Korea, International Trade, Politics and Development 3(1): 11-29, February 2019.
• Civilisational Values and Political Economy Beyond the West: The Significance of Korean Debates at the Time of Its Economic Opening, Contemporary Politics 24(2): 191-209, March 2018. (With Eric Helleiner)
• Renminbi in Ordinary Economies: A Demand-Side Study of Currency Globalization, China & World Economy 23(3): 1-21, May/June 2015.
• Can the Renminbi Rise as a Global Currency? The Political Economy of Currency Internationalization, Asian Survey 53(2): 348-368, March/April 2013.
• Theories of International Currencies and the Future of the World Monetary Order, International Studies Review 14(1): 51-77, March 2012.
• The Impact of Affinity on World Economic Integration: The Case of Japanese Foreign Direct Investment, Japan and the World Economy 24(1): 57-63, January 2012.
• Can the European Monetary System Be a Model for East Asian Monetary Cooperation?, Journal of the Asia Pacific Economy 15(2): 89-105, May 2010.
• Some Salient Issues Raised by the Global Financial Crisis, Pacific Economic Review 15(1): 1-10, February 2010. (With Kyung Soo Kim)
• A Political Economic Critique on the Theory of Optimum Currency Areas, and the Implications for East Asia, The World Economy 32(12): 1685-1705, December 2009.
• The Changing Political Dynamics of East Asian Financial Cooperation: The Chiang Mai Initiative, Asian Survey 49(3): 450-467, May/June 2009.
• Explaining the Failure of Prudential Regulations in South Korea before the 1997 Financial Crisis, Korean Political Science Review 42(1): 227-245, March 2008. (In Korean)
• Do Markets Enhance Convergence on International Standards? The Case of Financial Regulation, Regulation & Governance 1(4): 295-311, December 2007.
• Explaining Cosmetic Compliance with International Regulatory Regimes: The Implementation of the Basle Accord in Japan, 1998-2003, New Political Economy 11(2): 271-289, June 2006.
• Finance and Monetary Issues, in Jürgen Rüland and Astrid Carrapatoso, eds., Edward Elgar Handbook on Regionalism and Global Governance (Edward Elgar, forthcoming). (With Saori N. Katada)
• International Financial Standards and Emerging Economies since the Global Financial Crisis, in C. Randall Henning and Andrew Walter, eds., Global Financial Governance Confronts the Rising Powers (Waterloo: Center for International Governance Innovation, 2016), pp. 61-85.
• The Political Economy of Currency Internationalization, in Thomas Oatley and William K. Winecoff, eds., Handbook of the International Political Economy of Monetary Relations (London: Edward Elgar Publishing, 2014), pp. 39-53.