Application procedures differ by program. Some programs require that you apply directly to GRIPS whereas others require that you apply through a sponsoring organization. Please see below for how to apply to each program.
For details about each program, go to Degree Programs.
For information concerning funding including scholarships, go to Fees & Tuition Expenses.
For deadlines, see Application Deadlines by Program and Funding Source.
Online Application (directly to GRIPS)
Online application for 2016-2017 has been closed.
Download our Online Application Guide 2016-2017 and apply online.
- One-year Master‘s Program of Public Policy (MP1)
- Two-year Master’s Program of Public Policy (MP2)
- Macroeconomic Policy Program (MEP) (One year Program or Two year Program) for externally funded or self-financed applicants only
- Public Finance Program (PF)
Five-year Ph.D. Programs
- GRIPS Global Governance Program (G-cube)
- Policy Analysis Program (PA)
Three-year Ph.D. Programs
- Public Policy Program (PP)
- Security and International Studies Program (SISP)
- State Building and Economic Development Program (SBED)
- Science, Technology and Innovation Policy Program (STI)
Paper-based Application (directly to GRIPS)
Download the application guide and form for your program below.
- Economics, Planning and Public Policy Program (EPP): PDF Word (2016 closed)
- Disaster Management Policy Program – Master’s Water (DMP) for externally funded or self-financed applicants only: PDF Word (2016 closed)
- Disaster Management Program – Ph.D. (DM): PDF Word (2016 closed)
- Graduate Program in Japanese Language and Culture – Ph.D. (JLCD): Guide(PDF) Forms(PDF) (Word) (2016 closed)
Apply through the sponsoring organization
Contact the relevant sponsoring organization for further details.
|Young Leaders Program (YLP)||Embassy of Japan|
|Macroeconomic Policy Program (MEP)||IMF Regional Office for Asia and the Pacific|
|Disaster Management Policy Program (DMP)||JICA Office or Embassy of Japan|
|Maritime Safety and Security Policy Program (MSP)||JICA Office or Embassy of Japan|
|Graduate Program in Japanese Language and Culture – Master’s (JLC)||Japan Foundation Office or Embassy of Japan|
|Disaster Management Program – Ph.D. (DM)||AUN/SEED-Net|