Graduates, former faculty and staff of the National Graduate Institute for Policy Studies and the Graduate School of Policy Science (Saitama University) may use the Library.
Apply for GRIPS Library Card
ID with your address shown
Application form (available at the Library counter)
Mon – Fri 9:00 – 17:00
When expired, the card may be updated with confirmation of any changes with your status.
Monday – Friday : 9:00 – 21:00
Saturday : 10:30 – 17:00
For details, see Library Calendar.
Present your GRIPS Library card at the Library entrance.
Browse, borrow and copy Library materials.
|Number of checkouts||Loan period|
How to borrow
Bring books and your Library card to the counter.
Renewals may also be done at the counter.
If you leave Japan for a long period of time, be sure to return the books.
The following methods are available for copying in the library.
・Photocopy service by Library staff
* Copying is allowed only for materials owned at the GRIPS Library.
* Library users may copy a portion of Library materials within the limit of Copyright Law, for the purpose of private study or research.
- Upon copying, fill out the “Self copy request form” and drop it in the box beside the copy machine.
|Transportation Money Card|
|black & white||5 yen|
- Transportation Money Cards available: Suica, PASMO, Kitaca, TOICA, manaca, ICOCA, SUGOCA, nimoca, HAYAKAKEN
* PiTaPa is not available.
* Recharging money card is not available on the campus.
- Issuing a receipt is not available as for self-service photocopy.
Photocopy service by Library staff
- For copying some materials in Special Collections, please contact the Library counter.
- Service Hours: Monday – Friday, 10:00 – 17:00 (Issuing a receipt is not available 12:00-13:00)
|black & white / color||35 yen|
- Please bring the exact amount, as no change is available.
- Inter-library loan (ILL) service is not available.
- “MyLibrary” is not available.
- Off-Campus Access to online-resources such as e-journals, e-books is not available.