The 1st FPCI-GRIPS Public Forum “Update on the European Security Situation and Its Impact to Indo-Pacific”
GRIPS is collaborating with FPCI (Foreign Policy Community of Indonesia) in convening the FPCI-GRIPS Public Forum, a monthly discussion series where experts and policy makers can discuss the most pressing issues of international affairs and foreign policy with researchers and students across Southeast Asia and Japan.
The first forum in 2022, we will focus on the European security situation and its impact to Indo-pacific.
The ongoing war in Ukraine has permanently changed the architecture of European security and the geopolitical paradigm of the Western world. The international community, including many of the countries in the Indo-Pacific, has condemned the Russian invasion of Ukraine. The Western countries, joined by some Asia Pacific countries have announced economic sanctions and export controls on Russia to hold Moscow accountable.
The war has continued to destabilize the world economy including in the Indo-Pacific’s region with the occurring disruption of the global supply chain and price shocks for global commodities such as oil, grain, and raw materials. Aside from economic sanctions, there has been an effort to bar Russia from multilateral avenues such as the G20 and many more.
Experts from UN, ASEAN, Europe and Japan will join the forum to share us about the situation in their countries and discuss the impacts, especially for the Indo-Pacific region.
Please join us and watch the forum!
〇 Date and Time: Mon, June 27 at 17:30-19:00(Japan time)
〇 Format of the Webinar: Zoom webinar
〇 Participation Fees: Free
〇 Language: English (Simultaneous interpretation to Japanese is available)
〇 Theme: “ Update on the European Security Situation and Its Impact to Indo-Pacific”
〇Points to be discussed
1. Update on the European security situation: what is the state of the security situation in Europe? What has changed? What are the possible scenarios ahead from a European perspective?
What solutions are currently on the table?
2. How does the on-going war in Ukraine affect for the geopolitical dynamic in the Indo- Pacific region? What does the war mean for ASEAN, QUAD, and the Indo-Pacific region?
3. How has the war impacted the Indo-Pacific region’s economy?
What are the geo- economy implications of the war towards the region?
4. How should ASEAN respond to the situation to ensure peace and stability in the Indo- Pacific region? What can ASEAN with EAS, ARF, & ASEAN+ do?
1. Ambassador. Masafumi Ishii,Ambassador of Japan to Indonesia(2017-2020),
Special Visiting Professor at Gakushuin University
2. H.E. Robert Matheus Michael Tene, Deputy Secretary-General of ASEAN for ASEAN Political-Security Community
3. Ambassador. Gurjit Singh, Former Ambassador of India to Indonesia, ASEAN, and Germany
4. Dr. phil. Gudrun Wacker, Senior Fellow at German Institute for International and Security Studies/SWP
〇How to access the webinar: (Pre-registration required)
Please register via below URL and you will receive an invitation email.
〇Program (Japan Time)
- 17:30～17:35 Welcoming Remarks by Dewi Fortuna Anwar, Co-Founder FPCI
- 17:35～17:40 Opening Remarks by, H.E Ambassador Yutaka Iimura, Senior Fellow GRIPS Alliance
- 17:40～18:35 Moderated Discussion
- 18:35～18:55 Q&A Session
- 18:55～19:00 Closing
Any questions, please contact GRIPS Alliance Administrative Office via email（firstname.lastname@example.org）.
|Date / Time||Mon, June 27 /2022 17：30（Japan Time）|
|Title||Update on the European Security Situation and Its Impact to Indo-Pacific|
|Language||English （Simultaneous interpretation to Japanese is available)|