To all Applicants: Message from GRIPS President
Thank you all for your interest in GRIPS. At present there are some hurdles to be cleared, since the emergence of new variants is making it ever more difficult to contain this pandemic, and as a result, Japan still has some border controls in place. However, I encourage you think positively and proceed with your plans.
Once you are accepted to GRIPS, even if you cannot come to Japan physically for some Covid-19 related reasons, we are fully prepared to provide you with a GRIPS education regardless of your whereabouts. If you are unable to travel to Japan, we will provide
on-line classes, which we have developed and refined during the past years in response to initial waves of the pandemic. For those of you who are in Japan, we will provide classroom lectures—or perhaps hybrid classes with both face-to-face and remote formats. Whatever your circumstances, we will make sure that you will receive a GRIPS education, including the extensive guidance offered by our university, just like that received by our current students and our graduates before them.
So, please focus on career success, and if you haven’t done so already, apply to GRIPS now!
National Graduate Institute for Policy Studies
Why Choose GRIPS?
- You can select from a wide range of advanced degree options and specialize in an area that interests you.
- You can combine discipline-specific learning with advanced training in leadership, interdisciplinary cooperation, and effective management.
- You can study in English, learning from world-class academics and leading policymakers.
- You can take advantage of extensive networking and mentoring and liaise with distinguished policymakers from all over the world through our alumni network of international professionals.
- You will find a rich diversity in our student body, our faculty, and our curriculum.
- Mid-career public officials with strong leadership and managerial potential
- Individuals with strong academic capabilities and the desire to be professional policy analysts or pursue an academic career
Our International Programs
Our international programs are conducted solely in English. Our academic year runs from October to September. For details about each program, please go to Degree Programs.
Master’s Programs and Five-year Ph.D. Programs
A bachelor’s degree or its equivalent
Three-year Ph.D. Programs
A master’s degree or its equivalent
Admission is competitive and involves careful, holistic consideration of each candidate through both document screening and interviews.