GRIPS Development Forum > Diversifying PRSP > Ch. 4 Vietnam's PRSP Experience
Comprehensive Poverty Reduction and Growth Strategy (CPRGS)
|The Comprehensive Poverty Reduction and Growth Strategy (CPRGS) Paper is an action plan that translates the Government's Ten-Year Socio-economic Development Strategy, Five-Year Socio-economic Development Plan as well as other sectoral development plans into concrete measures with well-defined road maps for implementation. This is an action plan for realizing economic growth and poverty reduction objectives... The CPRGS paper sees a harmony between economic growth and measures to solve social problems. The tasks and objectives contained in the poverty reduction and growth strategy not only calls for targeted measures to support specific poverty groups, but also sees important linkages within the matrix of policies that include macroeconomic policies, policies on structural adjustment, sectoral development policies and measures, and social safety net policies of all sectors and levels that must work in tandem to ensure sustainable development.
- Part I: Socio-Economic Setting, Current Poverty Situation, Achievements and Challenges
- Part II: Objectives and Tasks of Socio-Economic Development and Poverty Reduction for the Period up to 2005 and 2010
- Part III: Create Environment for Rapid, and Sustainable Growth, and for Poverty Reduction
- Part IV: Major Policies and Measures for the Development of Sectors and Industries to Ensure Sustainable Growth and Poverty Reduction
- Part V: Mobilization of Resources for Growth and Poverty Reduction
- Part VI: Organizational Arrangements for and Monitoring and Evaluation of the Poverty Reduction and Growth Strategy
||The Socialist Republic of Vietnam, Comprehensive Poverty Reduction and Growth Strategy (CPRGS) "Introduction," pp.2-9, (approved by the Prime Minister on May 21, 2002).